NOTE: This model has been replaced by the 229N. Please contact us if that is a problem due to purchasing restrictions or product catalog restrictions.
(There is NO CHANGE in our support for existing 229 printers at all. The new 229N has most all parts in common.)
ON-SITE SERVICE: A service for clients located within Dallas Fort Worth. Clients outside DFW can email email@example.com for a distant onsite service quote. Onsite service covers travel costs for trips made by our technicians to service your printer. This effectively turns the carry-in warranty into an on-site warranty. We highly recommend this for educational systems and businesses.
NOTE: This printer requires a USB connection to a nearby computer to operate. A Windows 10 computer is best (Mac is usable but not as straightforward.)
X: 229mm (9”)
Y: 229mm (9”)
Z: 229mm (9”)
Draft Mode - Normal Quality:
High Quality Setting:
Depth: 635 mm (25")
Width: 406 mm (16")
Height: 457 mm (18")
The nominal resolution per axis.
0.0125 mm per microstep (12.5 microns)
0.05 mm per full step (50 microns)
A.C. Power Required
Normally set to 120v, selectable to 230v Max 5.0 A (fused)
Average current while printing: Approximately 1.0 Amps at 120V AC.
The fully assembled PolyPrinter 229 includes:
- Power Cord
- USB Cord
- Webcam and Camera Light
- 12 month standard warranty covering printer and extruder
- Fast, Accurate, Reliable 3D printer
- Filament switch that pauses the printer when filament runs out or gets tangled
- Heated bed
- Webcam installed so you can watch your prints on the web
- Fully enclosed cabinet makes large parts more successful by enclosing the workspace, helps contain smells, reduces sound level.
- Hardened linear rods and linear bearings for smooth motion.
- Metal pulleys for accurate motion control.
- USB connection - does not need a serial port.
- Camera Mount point Light Mount point
- Max Nozzle Temperature: 300C
- Max Bed Temp: 125C
- Bed Surface (base) Aluminum
- Bed Surface for ABS: Polyester (PET) tape
- Typical Layer Resolution Range: .05mm to .25 mm (about 70% of nozzle diameter is a useful maximum). Layers thinner than .05 can be created but will not result in noticeably better prints.
- Nozzle Size: .35mm
Other Items that may be needed
If this is your first PolyPrinter, you will need to also purchase an Owner's Kit which contains necessary tools and some very handy accessories.
It's a good idea to have a single power bar that supplies the computer and the printer together (for best USB connectivity). Most power bars have surge protection inside. A UPS is also recommended (750 VA for 229s, 1000 for 508s - they also have built-in surge protection.)
The PolyPrinter has a 12-Month “carry-in” warranty.
The warranty covers:
- failures due to defects in manufacturing
- design problems preventing functionality promised at the time of purchase
- two-way shipping of replacement parts
- labor at a designated repair facility
- forum, email, and live telephone support for diagnosis and repair
- breakage or wearing out of vital things that are not nominally wear items:
- printed bits
It does not cover:
- travel to the printer location
- Consumables or wear items. (e.g. bed tape, nozzles.)
- Shipping the entire printer