X: 508mm (20”)
Y: 229mm (9”)
Z: 229mm (9”)
Draft Mode - Normal Quality:
High Quality Setting:
Depth: 635 mm (25")
Width: 699 mm (27.5")
Height: 457 mm (18")
The nominal resolution per axis.
0.0125 mm per microstep (12.5 microns)
0.05 mm per full step (50 microns)
A.C. Power Required
Normally set to 120v, selectable to 230v Max 5.0 A (fused)
Average current while printing: Approximately 1.0 Amps at 120V AC.
The fully assembled PolyPrinter 508 includes:
- Power Cord
- USB Cord
- Webcam and Camera Light
- 12 month standard warranty covering printer and extruder
- Fast, Accurate, Reliable 3D printer
- Filament switch that pauses the printer when filament runs out or gets tangled
- Heated bed
- Webcam installed so you can watch your prints on the web
- Fully enclosed cabinet makes large parts more successful by enclosing the workspace, helps contain smells, reduces sound level.
- Hardened linear rods and linear bearings for smooth motion.
- Metal pulleys for accurate motion control.
- USB connection - does not need a serial port.
- Max Nozzle Temperature: 300C
- Max Bed Temp: 125C
- Bed Surface (base) Aluminum
- Bed Surface for ABS: Polyester (PET) tape
- Typical Layer Resolution Range: .05mm to .25 mm (about 70% of nozzle diameter is a useful maximum). Layers thinner than .05 can be created but will not result in noticeably better prints.
- Nozzle Size: .35mm
Other Items that may be needed
If this is your first PolyPrinter, you will need to also purchase an Owner's Kit which contains necessary tools and some very handy accessories.
It's a good idea to have a single power bar that supplies the computer and the printer together (for best USB connectivity). Most power bars have surge protection inside. A UPS is also recommended (750 VA for 229s, 1000 for 508s - they also have built-in surge protection.)
The PolyPrinter has a 12-Month “carry-in” warranty.
The warranty covers:
- failures due to defects in manufacturing
- design problems preventing functionality promised at the time of purchase
- two-way shipping of replacement parts
- labor at a designated repair facility
- forum, email, and live telephone support for diagnosis and repair
- breakage or wearing out of vital things that are not nominally wear items:
- printed bits
It does not cover:
- travel to the printer location
- Consumables or wear items. (e.g. bed tape, nozzles.)
- Shipping the entire printer