- using water-soluble support material
- or printing in two colors at the same time (with suitably designed parts). One example would be signage or lettering on parts being in a different color than the rest of the part (in CAD it would need to be done as two bodies, one for each color).
- Or printing two different types of material in the same print
- usage and monitoring of the printer from anywhere on your local LAN
- printing even if completely disconnected from USB or the network, once printing starts
What does it NOT do that A 508 can do?
This printer only has a 465mm (18.3") wide printing area, instead of the wider 508mm (20") of the 508 machine.
How does it work?
It has two independently movable extruders (this is called an IDEX system - independent extruder).
It has the advantage of quick tool changes ( a few seconds), no waste flush block, and keeps the idle extruder from drooling on the part. (It does have the cost of using up available space in the X direction i.e. going from 508mm single to 465mm of dual travel.)
The result is more economical prints that print significantly faster than one that has a single nozzle, and cleaner color or material separation compared to dual-nozzle machines.
ON-SITE SERVICE: An extra-charge optional service for clients located within Dallas Fort Worth. Clients outside DFW must email email@example.com for a distant onsite service quote.
X: 465mm (18.320”)
Y: 229mm (9”)
Z: 229mm (9”)
Draft Mode - Normal Quality:
High Quality Setting:
Depth: 635 mm (25")
Width: 699 mm (27.5")
Height: 457 mm (18")
The nominal resolution per axis.
0.0125 mm per microstep (12.5 microns)
0.05 mm per full step (50 microns)
A.C. Power Required
Normally set to 120v, selectable to 230v Max 5.0 A (fused)
Average current while printing: Approximately 1.0 Amps at 120V AC.
The fully assembled PolyPrinter 465dx includes:
- Power Cord
- USB Cord
- 12 month standard warranty covering printer and extruders
- Fast, Accurate, Reliable 3D printer
- Networking (wired Ethernet)
- Operation via any web browser on the network
- Filament switch that pauses the printer when filament runs out or gets tangled
- Heated bed
- Webcam installed so you can watch your prints on the web
- Fully enclosed cabinet makes large parts more successful by enclosing the workspace, helps contain smells, reduces sound level.
- Hardened linear rods and linear bearings for smooth motion.
- Metal pulleys for accurate motion control.
- USB connection - does not need a serial port.
- Max Nozzle Temperature: 300C
- Max Bed Temp: 125C
- Bed Surface (base) Aluminum
- Bed Surface for ABS: Polyester (PET) tape
- Typical Layer Resolution Range: .05mm to .25 mm (about 70% of nozzle diameter is a useful maximum). Layers thinner than .05 can be created but will not result in noticeably better prints.
- Nozzle Size: .35mm
Other Items that may be needed
If this is your first PolyPrinter, you will need to also purchase an Owner's Kit which contains necessary tools and some very handy accessories.
It's a good idea to have a single power bar that supplies the computer and the printer together (for best USB connectivity). Most power bars have surge protection inside. A UPS is also recommended (750 VA for 229s, 1000 for 508/325/465s) - they also have built-in surge protection.)