This Starter Pack makes it easy to order what you need to begin using your first DX printer with confidence.
- 325DX printer
- local delivery
- 12 months of On-Site service (DFW metro area)
- special DX training.
Also included are supplies:
- the Owner's Kit
- 8 rolls of filament (choice of colors)
- 10 spare nozzles
- 1 kG of water-soluble support filament (usually two rolls of .5kG each)
ON-SITE SERVICE: A service for clients located within Dallas Fort Worth. Clients outside DFW/Houston please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a distant onsite service quote. Onsite service covers travel costs for trips made by our technicians to service your printer. This effectively turns the carry-in warranty into an on-site warranty. We highly recommend this for educational systems and businesses.
NOTE: This printer may occasionally requires a USB connection to a nearby computer to perform initial setup tasks, e.g. to connect to your network.
Our software package containing Kisslicer requires a computer. A Windows 10+ computer is best (Mac is usable but not as straightforward.) NOTE: MacBook or ChromeBook computers are NOT usable for slicing.)
Please Note: We cannot remove pieces of this bundle without also removing the discount that it provides.
The Starter Pack is a bundle of product, supplies and service that we discount because the overall experience becomes better for you and for us, if all the components of the bundle are provided together when getting your first DX.
DX Training for existing 229/508 Customers
While it is possible that you can experiment and find your way through some of the differences, in our experience this can take a long time and cause some disappointments along the way. This could leave you as a less-satisified customer than you might expect.
- using water-soluble support material
- or printing in two colors at the same time (with suitably designed parts). One example would be signage or lettering on parts being in a different color than the rest of the part (in CAD it would need to be done as two bodies, one for each color).
- Or printing two different types of material in the same print
- usage and monitoring of the printer from anywhere on your local LAN
- printing even if completely disconnected from USB or the network, once printing starts
Other Features (compared to our older printers):
- The DX series is significantly quieter
- All printing is done by uploading the file to the printer through the network (this is rapid). This means that no computer needs to be directly connected to the printer while printing.
What does it NOT do that a 508 or 465dx can do?
This printer only has a 325mm (18.3") wide printing area, instead of the wider 508mm (20") of the 508 machine.
How does it work?
It has two independently movable extruders (this is called an IDEX system - independent extruder).
It has the advantage of quick tool changes ( a few seconds), no waste flush block, and keeps the idle extruder from drooling on the part. (It does have the cost of using up available space in the X direction i.e. going from 508mm single to 465mm of dual travel.)
The result is more economical prints that print significantly faster than one that has a single nozzle, and cleaner color or material separation compared to dual-nozzle machines.
ON-SITE SERVICE: An extra-charge optional service for clients located within Dallas Fort Worth. Clients outside DFW must email email@example.com for a distant onsite service quote.
X: 325mm (12.8”)
Y: 229mm (9”)
Z: 229mm (9”)
Draft Mode - Normal Quality:
High Quality Setting:
Depth: 635 mm (25")
Width: 559 mm (22")
Height: 457 mm (18")
The nominal resolution per axis.
0.0125 mm per microstep (12.5 microns)
0.05 mm per full step (50 microns)
A.C. Power Required
Normally set to 120v, selectable to 230v Max 5.0 A (fused)
Average current while printing: Approximately 1.0 Amps at 120V AC.
The fully assembled PolyPrinter 465dx includes:
- Power Cord
- USB Cord
- 12 month standard warranty covering printer and extruders
- Fast, Accurate, Reliable 3D printer
- Networking (wired Ethernet)
- Operation via any web browser on the network
- Filament switch that pauses the printer when filament runs out or gets tangled
- Heated bed
- Webcam installed so you can watch your prints on the web
- Fully enclosed cabinet makes large parts more successful by enclosing the workspace, helps contain smells, reduces sound level.
- Hardened linear rods and linear bearings for smooth motion.
- Metal pulleys for accurate motion control.
- USB connection - does not need a serial port.
- Max Nozzle Temperature: 300C
- Heated Bed: Max Bed Temp: 125C
- Bed Surface (base) Aluminum
- Bed Surface for ABS: Polyester (PET) tape
- Typical Layer Resolution Range: .05mm to .25 mm (about 70% of nozzle diameter is a useful maximum). Layers thinner than .05 can be created but will not result in noticeably better prints.
- Nozzle Size: .35mm
Other Items that may be needed
If this is your first PolyPrinter, you will need to also purchase an Owner's Kit which contains necessary tools and some very handy accessories.
It's a good idea to have a single power bar that supplies the computer and the printer together (for best USB connectivity). Most power bars have surge protection inside. A UPS is also recommended (750 VA for 229s, 1000 for 508s - they also have built-in surge protection.)
Dual Extruder Training
If you are an existing PolyPrinter customer with a 229 or 508, you will already be familiar with a lot of the concepts and skills used to run PolyPrinter printers in general.
However, the DX series has also:
- more choices that you will need to make when slicing
- A very different user interface (web browser based)
- Different calibration and maintenance procedures and concerns
- Different and additional possible error messages and resolutions
- Networked connectivity setup when installing the printer
For these reasons, it is very important to make sure that you purchase the necessary additional training package along with your DX printer, if it is your first DX.
Also be sure to get Onsite technician travel for at least the first year if at all possible. There is a higher likelihood of needing some in-person support in the first year, simply as part of becoming an expert user.
Choose a Starter Pack for the best value (may require a distance charge outside of DFW).
Does the bed have a replaceable plate or cover material?The bed is normally covered with PET tape (included in the Owner's Kit). It is a good general-purpose build surface for ABS (the most often used material).
There is no separate removable bed plate. The PET tape usually lasts for a reasonable number of prints, but that depends on the parts and the care with which parts re removed from the bed.
Can you use the same head for other material types or do you need a different head for each type of material
On a DX printer, the same head can be used for all supported material types.